Check out our growing video library for smarter, greener communities
Posted July 2, 2012 at 1:28PM
NRDC's sustainable communities team has just created a second video channel, on Vimeo.com, to complement our original on YouTube. In each, we are collecting easily accessed video content highlighting various aspects of smarter and greener cities, towns, neighborhoods, and metro regions. Most are videos created by others and curated by us. A few are original to NRDC. The idea is to give folks a place (now, two places) to go to see good work and ideas and, like us, be inspired.
For both, our user name is NRDCcommunities. As of this writing, we have assembled 158 videos on the NRDCcommunities YouTube channel, and 52 on the NRDCcommunities Vimeo channel. When we see one we like that's available to be included, we add it. Check them out and let us know what you think.
Here's one I really like from the new Vimeo channel, about growing food in New York City:
From our YouTube channel, here's a fun tour of bicycle accommodations - some public, some homemade, in Portland:
You can subscribe to either channel or both - and, if you have a favorite video on YouTube or Vimeo you'd like us to consider including, let us know!
- Visualizing the "edible city" in three minutes (May 3, 2012)
- Traffic explained, then fixed in 4 entertaining minutes (April 17, 2012)
- 5 videos that could change the way you see cities (April 11, 2012)
- Two minutes on how to make a healthy city (March 27, 2012)
- See videos of EPA smart growth award winners (December 2, 2011)
- Hilarious video on gated community versus smart growth (+ an extra on 'kayak-oriented development') (November 15, 2010)
- Smart growth in 30 good seconds (June 17, 2010)